How can I resolves a dispute with my attorney?

In the event of a fee dispute with your attorney you may request arbitration of the dispute through the Attorney-Client Fee Dispute Resolution Program established by the New York State Unified Court System. This program, called Part 137, is run through the Bronx Bar Association in Bronx County. For further information and forms to request fee dispute arbitration please go to:

First & Twelfth Judicial Districts:

New York and Bronx Counties
Joint Committee on Fee Disputes and Conciliation
NY County Lawyers’ Association
14 Vesey Street
New York, NY 10007 212-267-6646

A collaboration of NYCLA, ABCNY and BCBA, covering fee disputes in NY and Bronx counties. Joint Committee on Fee Disputes and Conciliation Rules.


Download  Bronx  Packet for Dispute over Fees

Download Bronx Packet for Dispute over Refund

There are three ways in which you can enter the Fee Dispute Resolution Program (FDRP).  In  all three situations, the filing of a Request for Fee Arbitration form officially starts the process.