The following are legal resources provided to aid judges and attorneys in the litigation, adjudication, and resolution of matrimonial matters:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) -Resources for alternatives to court such as collaborative law and divorce mediation.
Child Support Standards Chart –A guide for child support calculations, including a quick reference chart with child support amounts based upon income and number of children.
- Contested Divorce Timeline - Statutory timeline for conferences, discovery, trial, and filing of papers in contested divorce actions.
- Contested Divorce Flowchart - Graphical representation of contested divorce timeline.
- Divorce Forms - Complete library of court forms related to divorce actions.
- Matrimonial Practice Advisory Committee - Information about the members and mission of the Matrimonial Practice Advisory Committee.
- Mental Health Glossary - A glossary of selected terms for judicial use during child custody cases.
- Parent Education and Awareness Program - A court-sponsored program providing resources designed to educate divorcing or separating parents about the impact of their breakup on their children, including the Parent’s Handbook.
- Part 36 of the Rules of the Chief Judge - Booklet with detailed guidelines for fiduciary appointments made by the court.
- Procedure for Attorneys in Domestic Relations Matters - Full statutory text of 22 NYCRR § 1400, including the procedure for attorneys and the statement of client’s rights and responsibilities.
- Temporary Maintenance Guidelines Worksheet and Calculator - a formula for judges to apply and factors for judges to consider when calculating temporary spousal maintenance.
- Uniform Court Rules for Matrimonial Practice - Full statutory text of 22 NYCRR § 202.16 & 202.16-a of the Uniform Rules for Trial Courts detailing matrimonial practice in New York State.